Best Artificial Grass Reviews Consumer Ratings & Reports 2021
Admit it, we all want a beautiful lawn with properly cut grass and amazing flowerbeds, but we don’t want to indulge our time maintaining the lawn because that’s a laborious task. The best option to have an amazing lawn and to save yourself from its maintenance is getting artificial grass, which you can lay on the lawn surface and get the same look and feel as if there is actual grass. You don’t need to use a lawn edger to trim the corners of the lawn or a lawn mower to cut the long and ugly looking grass because artificial grass will not grow at all. If you are interested in the idea of getting artificial grass, then you need to pay attention to artificial grass reviews consumer reports where six of the best products are reviewed in detail.
Reviews Of 6 Best Artificial Grass Consumer Ratings & Reports
1. SunVilla SV Realistic Artificial Grass
There is a reason why this is at the top of my list. This artificial grass looks and feels real. What else it has got, let’s find out.
- The artificial grass is made of polyethylene fabric and has a latex backing, which makes it perfect for indoor and outdoor settings.
- It doesn’t need any infill for heavy traffic.
- The grass is well suited for kids and pets, as it is made from non-toxic and lead-free materials.
- 4-tone patterns offer a stunning look to the grass and keep the color intact for a year or so.
- With this grass laid out in the lawn of your house, you don’t have to worry about getting a lawn mower to mow the grass or any other maintenance work.
- The company offers a 10-year warranty on the product along with hassle-free customer service.
2. LITA Realistic Deluxe Artificial Grass
LITA is a top brand that is owned by Altruistic Grass, which is a company that is known for making the best artificial grass for indoor use. Let’s find out what this particular product has in the offing:
- LITA artificial grass has a dual layer along with a blend of thread materials (long threads of polyethylene and short threads of polypropylene), which adds to the durability of the product.
- The grass has a soft touch, but there is no compromise on the strength.
- This product is meant for indoor use because if it used outside in the sunlight, then it will become significantly hotter, thus making it hard for you, your kids and pets to walk on it.
- The inability of the grass to ward off harmful UV rays in a comprehensive way is a big drawback, but that’s why it is meant to be used inside the house and not outside.
3. MTBRO Artificial Grass Mat
MTBRO Artificial Grass Mat is a perfect product if you are looking for something soft and durable for your pet who likes to move in the lawn. Want to know what other features it possesses, let’s discuss it here below:
- You’re looking at a no maintenance artificial grass mat, so use it how you want and it will stay intact for several years.
- The inclusion of drainage holes in the rug makes it ideal for use with pets.
- To clean the grass rug, you can just pour down water with a water hose and that’s sums up cleaning.
- To get rid of the dirt, you can lift the rug vertically and shake it up or bang it against a wall.
- The product is made of eco-friendly and non-toxic materials, so your pets are totally safe playing on this rug.
- It has got a rubber backing, which makes the surface soft and slip-free.
4. Artificial Grass Wholesalers 98.5 oz Thick Heavy Artificial Synthetic Grass Turf
Another durable and resilient grass turf on the list, and if you are not convinced with the aforementioned grass turfs, then this will make you.
- The design of this artificial grass gives you a soft feel, yet it is very durable.
- This artificial grass will cater to the needs of even those pets that have super sensitive feet and paws.
- The grass doesn’t require any infill and it comes with a tall pile height that adds a cushion and support.
- The turf is eco-friendly and non-toxic, thus giving a safe surface for your pets to walk on.
- There is no effect of UV rays on this artificial grass.
- Boasting a great build quality, you can expect this artificial grass to remain intact in your lawn for several years to come.
- Backing that excellent build quality is 15-year warranty along with 30-day money back guarantee.
5. Flybold Artificial Boxwood Panels Topiary Hedge Plant Privacy Screen
Where all other artificial grass are meant for floors, this one from Flybold is designed to help provide you with much-needed privacy. When you buy this product, you will get a 12-piece set that you can install on the sidewalls or any other place where you need privacy.
Let’s find out what this product has got:
- A perfect product to get you some privacy in the outdoor area of your house. You can install the panels on the fence or trellis, or if you want, you can install it on the patio or deck as well.
- The leaves give a realistic appearance, which will definitely make you feel proud of your purchase.
- These are dense panels, so nothing can be seen through them.
- You need to make sure that the panels are not installed in a place that remains hot for the majority of the day.
- The panels include drainage holes that prevent puddling of water, plus makes it easier for you to clean the grass with a hose.
6. PET GROW PG1-4 Artificial Grass
From the name itself, you can make out that this artificial grass is meant for pets, and so it is. If you have a dog in the house for whom you are looking for a soft, safe and durable grass rug, then check out PET GROW PG1-4 Artificial Grass Rug, which is available in a wide range of sizes. Here are some features of this incredible grass rug:
- It is made of top quality polyethylene and polypropylene, thus scoring high on the performance quotient.
- The grass can withstand high temperatures and heavy pet use.
- This artificial grass is all about longevity because harmful UV rays don’t deteriorate the product.
- You will also find drainage holes installed in the artificial grass, which makes cleaning and drying a lot easier.
- The grass turf is available in 4-tone color, and it feels soft, lush and literally the actual grass.
- You don’t need to water this grass rug or use a mower, fertilizer or pesticide to clean and maintain the grass. It is a no maintenance product, which will last for a long time.
What’s In Artificial Grass?
Have you ever wondered as to what’s inside an artificial grass that gives the feel of a genuine grass? Well, that is exactly what I’m going to discuss in this section. Let’s discuss as to what type of materials are incorporated into an artificial grass that makes it so popular with the people.
The backing material is primarily made up of jute, polyester, and plastic. Some high-quality artificial grass makers use polyester tire cord as it has excellent heat retention properties, plus it is more durable.
The material that makes up the grass is made from nylon, polyethylene or polypropylene. All three materials have different absorption levels, so manufacturers use different combinations to meet the different needs of the customers.
Since it is not the actual grass, something is required to tie everything together, so a special substance is used for those purposes, which could be either made from rubber compounds or polyester foam depending upon the application for which the grass will be used.
Things To Keep In Mind When Buying Artificial Grass
Before making a final decision as to which artificial grass you should be buying, keep below-mentioned points in mind.
The pile of artificial grass is the shape and length of grass fibers. Many people like to have longer fibers, as those are more comfortable while walking. However, some are fond of shorter fibers, especially those who are looking to make a small golf course at home.
The most important feature to look forward to in artificial grass is its fibers, as to what they are made out of. Take a look as to how the fiber feels, respond to water, sunlight, and traffic. Different fibers react to the aforementioned things differently, so pay a diligent look before purchasing. Different types of fibers include:
- Polypropylene: Being the lowest quality of fiber, it is used in many applications, especially when someone is trying to replicate a naturally dull or flat color of the grass. For areas that experience a lot of rain, polypropylene is the best material to go with.
- Polyethylene: This is quite similar to polypropylene except for the fact that it responds better in some situations. Polyethylene is a UV resistant material, so it will definitely be used in artificial grass for warding off UV rays. Moreover, it is softer and more pliable than polypropylene.
- Nylon: It is regarded as a premium fiber for artificial grass, but it has quite a few limitations. Nylon is soft, extremely durable and capable of handling heavy traffic. However, the material is susceptible to UV degradation and will change color in the sunlight despite how much protection you apply. Moreover, nylon is the worst water-resistant material out of the three and takes a long time to dry out.
The quality of the artificial grass depends a lot upon the height of the pile. The taller the fibers, the higher is the quality of artificial grass.
- Short/Curly: This is the lowest grade of pile type that rarely exceeds more than 1 to 1 ¼ inches in height. Moreover, the grass has a tendency to remain curled or flat even after the tract of artificial grass is laid flat and brushed. This type of grass pile is used when the height of the pile is short or you want to cover up a bare area without worrying about the aesthetics.
- Long/Straight: This is a natural looking pile that will be at least 1 3/8 inches long, but can exceed to 1 ½ inch or more. If you want to have a 2-inch long pile, then you will have to shell out a lot more money for it.
- Blend: Deemed as the highest grade of artificial grass, it is a blend of first two grades. The grass has dark green and short curly fibers that give the grass a more natural look. Moreover, it is more durable and responds well to heavy traffic.
You need to check the backing of the artificial grass because the fibers are fastened to it, so the material needs to be durable. Moreover, you need to check as to how much moisture can the material absorb. Unfortunately, durable material is also going to be firm, so you need to find a material that is durable, but at the same time, not that firm. Here are the materials that you’ll come across:
- Urethane: One of the most common materials to be used for artificial grass backings, Urethane is the stiffest and most durable material to be used as artificial grass backing; therefore, it can easily withstand more traffic than any other material without losing its structural integrity. Moreover, it is water resistant that won’t degrade even after being exposed to water for prolonged periods.
- Rubber: Rubber is also a common material and it has a big advantage over urethane, i.e., feel. Rubber is softer and offers a rebound when stepped on. However, it is not water resistant and biodegradable, so make sure to have excellent drainage if you want a rubber backing.
The color of artificial grass depends upon the personal preference of the user. If you want to give your lawn a natural look, then opt for a high-grade grass, but if your motive is to have a suitable substitute for a play area or having a restroom for your pets, then the color doesn’t hold that much of an importance.
Artificial grass is cheaper and easy to maintain, which is why most people prefer to have it in their lawns instead of real grass. While real grass is the real deal, but it needs regular maintenance, whereas, in artificial grass, maintenance cuts down to 1 percent compared to that of the real grass. Now, I have discussed different types of artificial grass in my artificial grass reviews consumer reports. Some have a realistic appearance, others are meant to keep your privacy intact while a few are primarily designed for pet use. It is now up to you to decide as to which artificial grass you want to buy.
Last Updated on February 22, 2021